Friday 13 September 2013

Glossybox September 2013


I love getting my Glossybox each month, and this month was no exception. 'The London Edition' was presented in a beautiful Union Jack box, with decorative London-themed tissue paper packaging.



 
I was really happy with this month's selection of treats overall, and I felt that this box offered good value for money with 4 of my products being full sized.
 
 
My first product was this Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher 14ml (full size), worth £4.49. I got shade 001 Pop of Pink, which should give my pale skin a really natural hint of rosiness. It promises to last 24 hours too, which is great for my oily complexion. I'm excited to try this out.
 
 
 Next up is a 5ml sample of Elizabeth Arden Untold, worth £4.80. I really like the fact that this is a decent size for sample compared to other perfume vials I've has in previous Glossyboxes. Fragrance-wise, it's a delicate floral accord, which is really light. I think this is a lovely fragrance and one that's not overpowering.
 
The bottle is cute too!
 
 
 
 
My next treat was this Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum 30ml (full size), worth £7.19. I've used serums before and this one is supposed to be lightweight, so hopefully it won't make my fine hair look greasy.
 
 
I found this Be A Bombshell Eye Liner in Onxy 3g to be a strange choice for the London-themed box as it seems to only be available in America. That said, it seems like a great felt-tip style liner and looks really pigmented when swatched on the back of my hand. At $14, this is worth about £8.80 give or take the exchange rate.
 
 
 
 
 
Finally were these Eylure Pre-Glued lashes, worth £5.06. I'm not really a false lash wearer but I'm prepared to give these a go next time I have a night out. I like the self-adhesive aspect though, it sounds much better than faffing around with glue.
 
In total my box this month was worth £30.34. Also, if you take your product card to a Debenhams store, you can also get a free Elizabeth Arden Untold Body Lotion 100ml. Not bad, eh?
 
What did you get in your Glossybox this month? Were you happy with your products?
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love that this is London themed, strange about them using Be a Bombshell, just a tad contradictory! Fab box still though.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought it was a little odd! I'm really pleased I got a good box this month as I've been a bit disappointed with the last couple x

      Delete
  2. Awww I didn't get the Rimmel blush! I got a HD Brows blush though.
    I think that's one thing I'm not too fond of about Glossybox, that people get different things.

    I've just posted my Glossybox on sophiesbooksandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look at you post, the HD Brows blush looks lovely. The Rimmel one that I got is great too, I tried it out at the weekend and it's so easy to blend.

      Yeah it's a shame people's boxes vary so much, especially when it affects the worth value.

      X

      Delete