Sunday 20 October 2013

Glossybox October 2013


The theme of this month's Glossybox was 'Dark Romance', however I'm not sure that the products I received really fitted the bill. I was expecting vampy lip colours, gorgeous autumnal nail polishes and tools to create smouldering eyes, however this month's Glossybox has been a bit of a let down.
 
Here's the contents of my box this month:
 
 
1. Eva Cosmetics Mystic Diamond Oil, 6ml sample worth £1.36 - I'm not a lover of hair oils, they just turn my fine hair really greasy, but I'll give it a go. It's formulated with argan oil and diamond powder to hydrate your hair and add shine. Not sure how it really fits the theme though.
 
2. Monu First Defence Illuminating Primer SPF 15, 20ml sample worth £9.98 - Although I'm not sure how this fits the theme, I'm looking forward to trying it out. My skin can sometimes look a bit lacklustre, and this promises to enhance radiance and give a smooth finish.
 
3. MeMeMe Cherub's Blush Cheek & Lip Tint, full size worth £5.50 - This is a dupe of Benefit's Benetint, which I have used previously and really liked, so this is a good product for me. It even smells like Benetint! It also fits the Dark Romance theme which is a bonus!
 
4. Premae Harmony Moisturising Smoothie Serum, 20ml sample worth £9 - Again not quite sure how this is in keeping with the theme, but at least it's something I'll use. Made with lemongrass oil, it's designed to provide lightweight hydration, so it'll be good for my oily skin.
 
5. Killer Queen by Katy Perry Perfume Sample, 1.5ml worth about 44p - This is quite a sultry scent so I can see why it was included in the box, however it's far to sweet for my liking. It smells quite chocolate-y, and combines fruity top notes with a floral heart, and has a base of cashmeran, natural patchouli heart and liquid praline. I'll use it up but it's not a scent I'll be re-purchasing.
 
Total box worth: £26.28
 
I would say this is quite an average box, due to the lack of full sized products and the fact most of them had no relevance to the theme. That said, I had a great box last month so I guess you win some and lose some.
 
Where you happy with your Glossybox this month? What did you think of the products/theme?
 
 


4 comments:

  1. When I was subscribed to Glossybox, I was always left feeling disappointed by the products. This doesn't look like a terrible box though - just wish they'd include some more full sized products :)

    Nicola:
    curlandpearls | bloglovin'
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does seem very hit and miss in terms of full size products, which is a shame x

      Delete
  2. Have you enjoyed our Premae Harmony Serum? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thanks! It felt so silky on my skin and wasn't too greasy either :) x

      Delete